Deadline: 15 May, 2023
The Agence Française de Développement (AFD) has announced a call for participation in the 2023 Digital Energy Challenge.
The objective of the challenge is to support the development of innovative solutions for energy access, the integration of renewable energy, and public utility performance improvement.
- A financial contribution in the form of a grant for equipment and software purchases, training, recruitment costs for startups, and product/service purchase costs linked to technology/service providers for utilities
- Technical assistance for all utilities and certain startups on a case-by-case basis, such as project management support, strategic and technical expertise and accounting/reporting assistance
- A boot camp run by cross-sectorial experts to support project implementation, foster synergies between project winners and share best practices
- Increased visibility for the project through widespread social media communication campaigns piloted by AFD during the selection phase, award ceremony, boot camp and for a period of time after these events
- Open to African startups in the pre-seed phase or with early-stage activities
- NGOs can apply under the start-up category
- Open, too, to public power utilities and public independent system operators, private companies under a public service concession, power pools, regional organisations, energy regulators, and rural electrification authorities
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa Future Tech Energy Summit