Deadline: 06 April, 2023
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has called for applications for the position of Planning and Monitoring Manager.
Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Support the country office and national partners to develop a well-prioritised and realistic programme plan to deliver results for children
- Ensure that the country office and national partners have a timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies
- Ensure the country office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans, including emergency plans
- Ensure that the monitoring and evaluation capacities of country office staff and national partners are strengthened, enabling them to increase and lead monitoring and evaluation processes
- Ensure that the UNICEF office is effectively linked to wider UNICEF M&E developments and the UNSDCF M&E system that contributes to and benefits from organisational learning on effective M&E management
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Planning Development, Planning or a related field
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation, including monitoring and evaluation activities
- Developing country or field-work experience
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme (preferred)
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF