Deadline: 30 January, 2023
One Acre Fund is seeking to fill the role of Global Head of Corporate Communications.
With operations across six countries in Africa, One Acre Fund supplies one million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
- Advise executives, share strategic judgment and advise about how to roll out major changes across a complex organisation
- Report to the office of the CEO and directly advise One Acre Fund’s Global Leadership Council, country directors and DEI council on high-stakes decisions and sensitive communications
- Manage a 20-person team
- Manage the organisation’s external communications and internal communications units, which are led by experienced Directors and have 20 staff combined.
- Provide strategic guidance and hands-on support to these units to build the organisation’s corporate identity and deepen staff engagement
- Develop staff over time
- Lead change management
- Guide two to three organisation-wide change initiatives each year
- Build relationships across the organisation with senior staff
- Working with the relevant departments, ensure that partners are well-informed and that complex projects are on track
- Write on sensitive topics
- Develop nuanced messaging on topics such as diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
- Prepare the CEO and other senior leaders for high-stakes public engagements, and ghostwrite important communications directly
- Manage organisational risks
- Together with deputies, anticipate risks and manage crisis situations
- Use judgment to decide when to escalate issues to the leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten years, minimum, of work experience in external/internal communications or change management
- Five years, minimum, of experience advising executive leadership teams in a decentralised or multi-country organisation
- Five years, minimum, of experience in writing and developing clear, nuanced messages
- Five years, minimum, of progressively senior management experience and a track record of developing staff
- Experience building agreement among diverse leaders and keeping complex projects on track
- Three years, minimum, of professional experience in a One Acre Fund country of operations (preferred)
- Fluency in English
- French, Swahili or Kinyarwanda will be a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI