Deadline: 10 August, 2022
Location: Amhara, Shewa Robit, Ethiopia
Plan International is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Project Coordinator.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Manage the WASH project specific budget at the programme area level
- Ensure project design, overseeing implementation and monitoring
- Ensure quality programme delivery of the overall WASH country programme activities
- Implement the specific project and programme thematic initiatives pertaining to North Shao programme area in line with different components within the country strategy as well as in support of overall country programme goals and objectives
- Provide any requested technical support, assistance and follow-up to the programme area WASH initiatives in tandem with other field-based staff and programme managers
- Prepare quarterly project and programme updates and reports (both financial and narrative reports) in consultation with concerned bodies
- Develop proactive and constructive collaboration with different departments for a consorted and team-driven effort towards fulfilling the vision, missions and impact areas of the organisation
- Develop partnerships with individuals, groups and organisations, and networks whose support are essential to the achievement of Plan International Ethiopia’s organisational objectives, and strengthen their capacity through appropriate training and experience sharing initiatives
- Carry out other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hydraulic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Health, or a related discipline
- Five years minimum, of relevant experience in water supply and sanitation development, construction supervision and contract administration, with three years, minimum, of NGO experience
- Demonstrated experience in the management (feasibility study, design, construction supervision, contract administration, etc.) of water supply and sanitation projects and infrastructures
- Experience in CLTSH, community mobilisation and organisation skills
- Experience in preparation of bill of quantities and specification, bid document preparation and evaluation, contract document preparation, negotiation management, as well as supervision and administration of projects
- Experience and knowledge of using Water CAD, AutoCAD and related software packages will be a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank