Deadline: 25 August, 2022
The World Bank Group (WBG) has announced a call for applications for the 2023 WBG Africa Fellowship Programme for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates from sub-Saharan Africa.
The fellowship is designed to build a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
- Spend six months getting hands-on experience at the WBG headquarters in Washington, D.C., or a country office
- Work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip (economy class) air travel to Washington, D.C., or a WBG country office from their university or institution
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. programme
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI