Deadline: 08 June, 2022
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes, ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards
- Support or manage procurement programmes and operational activities (e.g., issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services
- Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP-wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimisation
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc., to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example, designing and reviewing training materials
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity, as required, to meet emergency food assistance needs
- Complete other responsibilities as required
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting or a related field
- Applicants with a first university degree in procurement-related field with two additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses will be considered
- Five years, minimum, of progressive, professional (managerial) experience in procurement or related field with two years, minimum, in a leadership role
- Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language
- Experience with procurement activities
- Experience conducting cost analysis
- Experience working with vendors or other partners
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: United Nations