Deadline: 30 June, 2022
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Implement country-specific communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP, as well as support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies
- Contribute to communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s)
- Maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media in order to support regular and appropriate communications
- Support the social media plan by developing social media content, and utilising platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities
- Generate donor-specific visibility content, including text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms
- Monitor and analyse traditional and social media to inform the development and/or evaluation of communication activities and strategies
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports
- Support communications activities that enable informed decision-making and ensure consistency of information presented to the media and other stakeholders
- Support capacity-building of WFP staff on all aspects of communication
- Provide advice and guidance within area and level of expertise
- Liaise and interact with WFP staff and external counterparts to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices
- Advanced university degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or a related field, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses
- Fluency (level C) in English language
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: EU Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid