Deadline: 17 July, 2022
Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) has opened applications for training in climate change reporting and grants.
The training is designed to help participants understand why local leadership is necessary to tackle many of the impacts of climate change, and the important role the media can play by shining a light on adaptation efforts by local actors.
It aims to strengthen working relationships between journalists and change-makers by up-skilling journalists to better report on the topic, and enhancing the communication skills of change-makers to effectively convey their message to journalists.
Journalists and CSOs will be trained separately, but networking and collaborative exercises will be organised for the whole group.
- Selected participants will each receive up to £500 grant to produce a story
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with the trainers
- Applicants must be full-time journalists or regular contributors for media organisations with a minimum of three years of professional experience
- Applicants must have a high proficiency level of spoken and written English
- Applicants must have access to a minimum internet speed of eight MB/second
- Applicants must commit to participating for the whole duration of the programme
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Climate Change