Deadline: 05 June, 2022
Location: Lome, Togo
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Partnership Consultant.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Contribute to the management of Togo’s portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions, providing donor stewardship, forecasting, negotiating changes and assessing results, to maximise resources raised
- Lead and provide inputs for briefing documents (country brief, ACR, talking points, etc.)
- Support CD to present WFP in forums and external engagements in such a way that advances partnership strategy and objectives and builds support for WFP activities
- Prepare briefing documents for senior-level management meetings with donors
- Coordinate flow of information of Togo in liaison with the regional bureau to ensure timely alignment with donor requests and that visibility and donor conditions are met
- When required, work with the budget and programming officer to prepare advance financing requests for eligible forecasts
- Prepare donor reports and communication materials as appropriate
- Carry out any other tasks as required by the supervisor
- Advanced degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related; or first degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- Five years, minimum, of relevant professional experience in humanitarian or development work
- Experience in donor relations and resource mobilisation
- Experience working with complex donors
- Experience in promoting awareness of humanitarian issues
- United Nations experience
- Highly developed drafting ability in French and English
- Experience in a developing country (other than own country)
- Ability to work under difficult conditions
- Capacity to work under minimal supervision and produce quality outputs delivered on time and in adherence with the work plan
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank