Location: Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutritionist.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Provide technical advice to country officer on nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and commodity choice
- Support the strengthening of national nutrition initiatives, including the development of national government policies related to nutrition as well as nutrition strategies, action plans, protocols, and guidelines in line with the SUN Movement and international guidance and current evidence
- Work with staff in procurement, logistics, finance, other programme units and other divisions to ensure effective design and delivery of WFP nutrition programming
- Provide support for operational partnerships, including interagency collaboration, to ensure a strong multi-sectorial response to nutrition in both emergency and non-emergency settings
- Provide technical analysis and interpretation
- Prepare accurate and timely reporting and learning
- Communicate the nutrition situation clearly and effectively
- Represent WFP at regional, national, and international meetings to contribute to technical discussions, exchange experiences, advocate for nutrition interventions and identify areas of potential collaboration
- Build capacity of WFP staff, partners, and national governments to prepare for and respond to nutrition problems
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them on more complex analysis and queries
- Contribute to emergency preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations on contingency planning, risk analysis and early warning related to nutrition risks
- Carry out other duties as required
- Advanced university degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or a related field
- Experience working with governments on developing nutrition policies and/or implementing a nutrition programme (within food security or health)
- Experience conducting nutritional assessments, data analyses, and drafting recommendations for programme
- Experience working in multiple countries
- Experience working in both emergencies and development context
- Advanced knowledge of French (level C proficiency)
- Working knowledge of English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WFP/Arete/Adetona Omokanye