Deadline: 08 May, 2022
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the role of Budget and Programming Officer.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Participate in the development and implementation of plans, policies and procedures for budget and programming activities (including PSA, management plan, project budget, extra budgetary)
- Create and review project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and providing financial analysis and advice to optimise resources
- Monitor and provide advice on actions related to project closure and resource transfer
- Monitor and provide advice on fund utilisation and advance financing, loan and borrowing, repayment and refinancing arrangements
- Monitor and manage the resource pipeline to maximise operational effectiveness, adhering to standards and processes, and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools
- Contribute to the preparation of food-demand plans to support management and usage of corporate Global Commodity Financial Facility, and provide information and advice to guide HQ/RB decision-making when multiple projects compete for the same stock
- Ensure correct budget and project documentation is created, and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures
- Coordinate and prepare accurate reports, to provide consistent information for stakeholders, and to identify trends/issues and propose solutions that support decision-making by senior management
- Analyse data and propose well-researched ideas to senior officers for improvement to systems, techniques, tools, processes and procedures to better monitor and manage budgets and funds
- Build capacity of WFP staff in budgeting, fund management and operational planning through preparing and delivery training, coaching, guidelines and manuals
- Represent the unit at internal meetings/committees/working groups, as required, in order to contribute to discussion of key issues from a budget and resource programming perspective
- Manage junior officers/staff to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of financial risks
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- Five years, minimum, of professional work experience in relevant fields with a background in preparing budgets and reports
- Fluency (level C) in the English language and the duty station’s language
- Nationality of Nigeria
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WFP/Woojung Kim