Deadline: 03 June, 2022
The Danish Red Cross is seeking to fill the role of Country Manager.
Danish Red Cross conducts first aid, social and psychosocial activities.
- Ensure strategic direction of Danish Red Cross engagement in Mali
- Manage overall budget and development of Danish Red Cross-supported portfolio in Mali
- Represent Danish Red Cross and develop partnerships with country Red Cross; ICRC, IFRC, PNS and other in-country partners and stakeholders
- Lead and manage the Danish Red Cross team of delegates
- Take charge of fundraising strategy and implementation of the action plan
- Ensure implementation of organisational priorities in Mali
- Ten years of relevant international field experience in overall coordination, formulation, design, planning and implementation of development projects
- Experience working for a humanitarian aid organisation and within the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement (preferable)
- Experience and capacity to adapt to emergency and protection programming
- Experience in capacity-building of local partners (essential)
- Ability to work within a partnership setup with many different actors and interests
- Proven project cycle and financial management as well as resource mobilisation experience with major donors/funds, project proposal and extensive report-writing
- Team management experience in the context of development projects or major humanitarian emergency response situations
- Experience in the Sahel context will be a plus
- Experience in EU/ECHO and DANIDA funding, particularly knowledge of their implementation and reporting procedures
- Good understanding of organisational development
- Knowledge within the areas of organisational development, migration, protection, disaster management, health and psychosocial support
- Good analytical skills
- Relevant training and practical experience in staff security management in insecure environments
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Climate Centre