Deadline: 15 June, 2022
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has opened applications for fellowship programme for people of African descent.
The programme, an intensive human rights training, aims to strengthen participants’ skills to contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
- Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva
- Basic health insurance
- Stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the programme
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living abroad
- The candidate must have a minimum of four years of work experience related to the rights of people of African descent
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organisation working on issues related to people of African descent or minority rights certifying their status
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Paul Kagame