Deadline: 12 May, 2022
EcoChampions has opened applications for the 2022 Climate Education Leaders Fellowship.
The two-month immersive programme, designed for emerging climate change education leaders, aims to train 5,000 climate education leaders across Africa by the year 2050, with a strong focus on building a network of individuals leading the charge to develop and implement innovative solutions to the most pressing crisis.
- Connect with leaders in the climate change field and get career insights for growth
- Design and run an onsite climate education project in any community of choice
- Engage in online workshops led by experts that will cover topics spanning climate education, creating sustainable change, and new media for change
- Gain leadership, innovation and communication skills
- Engage in peer-to-peer breakout sessions and idea exchange
- Engage with professionals in the climate education space
- Get a firsthand insight into how environmental change is made locally and globally, directly from experienced professionals
- Be connected with a professional mentor to provide career advice and guidance
- All participants who successfully finish the programme and carry out the required project will be awarded a certificate from EcoChampions
- All participants are inducted as EcoChampions after the successful completion of the fellowship
- The best two projects will receive $100
- Open to applicants between the ages of 18 and 35
- Participant must be resident in Africa and passionate about climate change and environmental education
- Participant must be taking a leading role in tackling climate change using climate education as a tool
- Willingness to dedicate at least two to three weeks for the eight-week programme
- Availability to carry out at least one climate education project in a community of choice during the fellowship
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa University