Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Viamo has opened applications for the role of Country Director.
Viamo is an organisation that connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
- Take the lead in creating impact and ensure that all Viamo staff are committed to the same
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects
- Lead the identification of new business opportunities in Nigeria, track and respond to RFPs in collaboration with the director of programmes and Viamo’s global partnerships team
- Delight our partners with quality and timely execution of programme deliverables
- Manage relationships with mobile network operators to ensure the infrastructure is constantly in place to connect with all mobile phones in Nigeria
- Lead the diversification of the organisation’s revenue streams to include enterprises in addition to development partners
- Represent the organisation in meetings involving national government agencies and ensure organisational compliance with national regulatory bodies
- Manage a growing team of over ten passionate staff
- Impact, in terms of unique listeners and engagements
- Ensure execution and timely invoicing of programme deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience living and working in Nigeria (desirable)
- Eight years, minimum, of senior management experience, including strong intercultural sensitivity and a passion for unleashing the potential of colleagues
- Strong experience working with key donors and partners, particularly with USAID, UN agencies and multilateral agencies
- Experience of eight years in any combination of social enterprise, INGO, mobile network, ICT4D, digital strategy firm, donor or international organisation
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-management skills, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Proven business development skills, proposal writing and partnership building with a history of collaborative project development and submitting winning applications
- Excellent budgeting and attention to detail abilities
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: eHealth Africa