Deadline: 20 April, 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Law Enforcement Specialist.
UNOPS’ mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Assess the national police service’s ability to develop and disseminate both intra-agency and interagency intelligence related to transnational organised crime, especially in relation to counternarcotics and present appropriate law enforcement approaches
- Provide targeted training and ongoing advice related to improved information collection, analysis, collation and dissemination of law enforcement in the region
- Develop interagency information sharing protocols for the national police service aimed at improving interagency cooperation, especially between the national police service and national prosecution authority
- Facilitate enhanced cooperation between the national police service and national prosecution authority (and/or other relevant authorities and national organisations) in relation to the investigation and successful prosecution of transnational organised crimes
- Provide targeted training and ongoing advice related to improved capacity and capability to conduct effective investigations that lead to effective, successful legal finish and prosecutions in court
- Facilitate and encourage regional cooperation and sharing of operationally relevant information and intelligence
- Advanced university degree in Criminology, Law, Political Science, Sociology, Police or a related discipline
- First degree with seven additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the above requirement
- Five years, minimum, of relevant professional experience in the intelligence cycle, or investigation and prosecution of transnational organised crime cases
- Five years, minimum, of experience with criminal justice actors in Africa and a good understanding of the sub-regional (East Africa) context
- Experience in providing technical assistance and expert advice on programming and project management in the areas of law enforcement to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (desirable)
- Proven experience in the delivery of training in related areas (desirable)
- Proven experience in providing technical advice and mentoring will be a plus
- Ability to interact with governmental agencies, good interpersonal skills and organisational proficiency will be a plus
- Experience working with UNOPS in similar projects in the law enforcement sector will be an advantage
- Knowledge of the U.S. Department of State and its Bureau of International Narcotics and law enforcement system and procedures will be a plus
- Excellent analytical and evaluative skills will be an added advantage
- Fluency in written and oral English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI