Deadline: 25 April, 2022
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International (SCI) has opened applications for the role of Programme Development Manager.
The organisation works to ensure children around the world get health care, food and shelter as well as learning and child protection services.
- Identify and track donor opportunities and coordinate proposal development for strategic funding opportunities
- Write sections of proposals that speak to overall capabilities while coordinating the input of internal and external stakeholders including technical advisors, operations, finance, HR and security into proposals and budgets
- Relevant master’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Three years of experience in emergency and/or development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team
- Excellent writing/editing, budget development and presentation/communication skills
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets
- Proven representation skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and long hours in the event of a humanitarian emergency
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Save the Children UK