Deadline: 15 April, 2022
The Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation at the Arizona State University has announced a call for participation in the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge.
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is the first-of-its-kind global competition for social entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to act to create the world we want by 2030.
- Awardees will participate in events surrounding the 77th UN General Assembly as well as connect with renowned business experts from around the world
- Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices board member, Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant
- Applicant must be a woman entrepreneur with lead decision-making ability in a business or organisation
- Business/organisation must have been in operation for more than three years
- Business/organisation must have at least three full-time staff
- Business/organisation must be generating at least $100,000 in annual sales or revenue
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Business owner must be 21 years old or older
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Women