Deadline: 18 March, 2022
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF) and All On have announced a request for proposals for the USADF-All On Off-Grid Energy Challenge.
The challenge is designed to benefit marginalised, low-income rural or urban populations currently underserved by utility companies in Nigeria, ideally with a focus on benefits to women and girls.
- Successful applicant will receive up to $100,000 in 50/50 blended financing (grant, debt or equity)
- Applications for projects/businesses leveraging wind, hydro, biomass, and gas as the energy source are greatly encouraged
- Productive use applications in the agriculture and agri-business sector are highly encouraged
- Women-owned or -managed business will be a plus
- Applicant’s shareholders, members of the board and senior management must be citizens of a sub-Saharan African country and a majority must reside in Nigeria
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: All On