Deadline: 21 March, 2022
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with Four Years From Now (4YFN), has opened applications for the Women Innovators Programme (WIP).
While innovative, women-led startups are becoming more common in the Arab States, women face many barriers to entrepreneurship, such as lack of access to finance and discriminatory gender norms.
Among the barriers is also a lack of business-relevant mentorship opportunities and social networks, which this programme seeks to address.
- Formulation and implementation of goals and objectives
- Development and evaluation of communication and marketing strategies
- Fundraising options and strategy, including crowdfunding
- Financial management, legal management, team management, and business modeling,
- Creating and delivering a winning pitch for investment, partnerships or sales
- Technical support related to the digital nature of the solutions
- Open to women who are founders, cofounders or in the executive board of startups
- Startups that provide digital-based solutions including, but not limited to, internet, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, augmented and virtual reality, 3D and 4D printing, cloud computing, big data, blockchain, drone technology and biometrics, e-commerce are eligible to apply
- Startups should already be in the market (beyond ideation), with solutions contributing to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Startups should be based in Arab States, including Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, and Tunisia
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Dennis Jarvis