Deadline: 21 April, 2022
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation has opened applications for 2022 scholarships.
The programme is built on the principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership, and a belief that leadership begins with inner transformation.
It aims to keep Nelson Mandela’s legacy alive by equipping young African leaders with the competence and courage to transform the continent into a place where everyone has equal opportunity to thrive.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the university or institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the Mandela Rhodes Foundation
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the Mandela Rhodes Foundation
- Medical aid allowance as set by the Mandela Rhodes Foundation
- Personal allowance as set by the Mandela Rhodes Foundation
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies
- Applicants must be between the ages of 19 and 29
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country
- Applicants must have first degrees with above average academic results (70% and above)
- Applicants must have demonstrated the potential to embody reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership
- Applicants must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on their campus or community
- Applicants must evince a commitment to developing self-awareness by engaging with difficult parts of themselves, an openness to learning from the diversity and differences in their cohort, and a willingness to explore and embrace complexity within themselves, others and the systems around them
To and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID