Deadline: 14 March, 2022
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
- Ensure liaison with Decent Work for Women (DWW) national and regional stakeholders for the successful implementation of the DWW work plan and results framework for Egypt
- Contribute to the elaboration of the project implementation plan in accordance with the rules and procedures of the ILO
- Assist in the detailed planning of project resources and in monitoring of expenditures by the project, and prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts
- Support the implementation of activities and monitor progress against the project work plan
- Monitor the implementation of project by contractors, consultants and project partners and ensure best use of project resources and adherence to financial rules and regulations
- Verify and analyse progress reports, final reports and other data
- Contribute to the project progress reports, final reports and other substantive and financial reports, as required, ensuring clarity, consistency and completeness of the information produced
- Prepare substantive briefs and reports on topics related to the project, consolidating available data and information
- Support ILO’s mandate and duties beyond the confines of the DWW, including by liaising and coordinating effectively with other ILO projects
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor
- First degree in Economics, Gender Studies, Political Science, Business Administration or a related field; or an equivalent professional experience
- Master’s degree will be a plus
- Two years, minimum, of experience in project management in the socio-economic domain, particularly experience handling issues related to gender and employment
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of Arabic
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILO