Deadline: 27 March, 2022
The Ethiopian Women in Energy (EWiEn) has launched the first women youth, energy-based incubator programme in Ethiopia.
The programme is designed to address the energy access gap by making women change agents through promoting innovation and women’s inclusiveness.
It aims to bring social, economic, and environmental impacts across the entire value chain of the renewable energy business, starting from generation to consumption of energy.
- Women entrepreneurs will be trained in critical industry skills to create innovations that are affordable, accessible, and user-friendly for households or commercial use
- Business ideas should address a problem within the renewable energy sector, specifically, solar energy solutions
- The founder/cofounder of the business must be female
- Be willing to commit six hours per month to the incubation programme
- Business should bring an innovative idea that is targeted towards the community
- Business idea should have a potential to be scalable
- Business idea should be financially viable
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Barefoot