Deadline: 31 March, 2022
The German Academic Exchange Service/Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) has opened applications for scholarship programme in German Studies at the University of Nairobi.
In view of the increasing need for qualified teachers at universities in sub-Saharan Africa, this programme aims to train young African graduates of German programmes for a career as a German teacher as well as for an academic career.
The two-year master’s programme (M.A. German Studies) was introduced in 1993 at the University of Nairobi.
- Grant rate of 240 euros per month (for Kenyans) or 380 euros per month (for non-Kenyans)
- Payment of tuition fees
- Annual research grant
- Health insurance (for non-Kenyans only)
- Travel allowance (for non-Kenyans only)
- Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in German Studies or German
- Applicant should have at least second class upper honours
- Applicant’s knowledge of German should be at B2 level (or more) or equivalent
- The last degree should not be more than six years old at the time of application
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DAAD