Deadline: 14 March, 2022
Applications are now open for the 2022 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Edinburgh.
The programme is designed for students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet
- On top of financial support, scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Programme with the University of Edinburgh, including regular online workshops, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events
- Be a citizen of an African country (with the exception of Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia), whose personal circumstances would make accepting an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult
- Applications from Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- Demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and former school/university
- Applicant should present economic circumstances showing they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- Applicant should demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how they will approach the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Overseas Development Institute