Deadline: 15 February, 2022
Location: Tripoli, Libya
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the role of Community Safety (peacebuilding) Officer.
DRC provides direct assistance to conflict-affected populations including refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly implementation of project activities with the manager
- Direct day-to-day implementation of project activities, including outreach to communities, meetings with community leaders, planning and facilitating of dialogue, training and actor mapping sessions, key informant interviews and management of project activities (online and offline)
- Mobilise and liaise with key target groups for DRC activities, i.e., youth, civil society, community leaders, municipal representatives, women, vulnerable groups, minority groups, migrants, IDPs, PWDs
- Plan and arrange logistics (procurements with the supply chain team) for community sessions and project activities
- Contribute to regular reporting and documentation of project activities
- Promote a culture of learning with the team and actively share challenges and lessons learnt
- Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, or a related field or relevant experience
- Two years, minimum, of experience working with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and extensive demonstrated experience working with communities
- Solid analytical skills
- Solid organisational skills
- Solid reporting skills
- Solid time and task management skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English and Arabic
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DRC