Deadline: 06 February, 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) has announced a call for participation in the WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge Rwanda.
The IGNITE Food Systems Challenge is designed to support Rwandan startups, SMEs and cooperatives to scale up their solutions, contributing to the economy while creating a positive social impact by addressing different gaps in the food system.
- Receive up to U.S.$50,000 in equity-free funding
- Six-month acceleration support
- Networking and exposure
- Entity must possess a valid registration/certificate of incorporation for operating in Rwanda
- Proof of a revenue-generating business (total turnover in the case of cooperatives) of at least the equivalent of U.S.$5,000 from 2020 to 2021
- A team of at least three full-time members dedicated to the SME/cooperative, including the founding team
- At least 50 percent of interested entity’s founding and/or senior management team must be from Rwanda/East Africa
- The entity must have key operations in Rwanda
To participate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank