Deadline: 31 January, 2022
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Save the Children International has opened applications for the role of Country Director.
The organisation works to ensure children around the world get health care, food and shelter as well as learning and child protection services.
- Deliver quality programmes, including advocacy for children
- Serve members and their donors
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Experienced leader who has held senior positions in complex/high profile/multinational organisations
- Experience of working with large, complex donors (USAID, EU, DFID, etc.) to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding
- Understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- Demonstrable ability to recruit, lead and develop high calibre specialist senior staff with a range of backgrounds and expertise
- Strong track record in building high performance teams and future successors/leaders
- Ability to manage and motivate self and others to respond to a significant and complex crisis situation in extraordinary circumstances, requiring swift action and rapid changes in priorities
- Innovative approach to solving a range of highly complex issues and galvanising buy-in to the solutions at all levels
- Experience and knowledge of context and actors in WCA region
- Fluency in French and English (speaking and writing)
- Commitment to the Save the Children vision, principles, mission and values
- Experience in humanitarian programmes and ability to work in a volatile environment (preferred)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank Photo Collection