Deadline: 16 January, 2022
Location: Douala, Cameroon
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is seeking to fill the role of Associate Investment Officer.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through proactive origination/business development
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the priority sectors and to develop specific investment opportunities in these sectors
- Provide regular market intelligence and information to the cluster managers about leads and projects being developed in Central Africa
- Screen proposals and prepare concept notes for projects going to concept review meetings, with a key focus on overall credit assessment, potential deal structuring, and overall fit with World Bank Group strategy
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and advisory services colleagues in order to add value to clients’ businesses
- Assist in the formulation, implementation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s country strategies in the priority sectors, working with IFC’s industries and regional departments and in close coordination with the relevant global practices at the World Bank
- Prepare pipeline/progress reports, tracking the projects and their status, in coordination with the strategy office
- Coordinate implementation and monitor scorecard deliverables and produce regular reports with inputs from industry colleagues
- Prepare relevant strategy papers, briefs, summaries, working papers, reports and promotional materials for internal and external users in coordination with the communications office
- Perform other such duties as may be required from time to time
- MBA, master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Investment Banking or equivalent
- Five years, minimum, of professional experience in finance, investment banking, structured finance or corporate finance, with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments
- Experience in investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and closing quality investments
- Knowledge of and experience in financial markets
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI