Deadline: 09 January, 2022
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The British Council is seeking to fill the role of Arts Project Manager.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
It builds connections, understanding and trust among people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
- Work closely with the country director and other colleagues, lead in the areas of design, development and implementation of arts activities
- Lead in the area of partnerships and business development for the council’s arts portfolio, identifying potential funding and delivery partners from among international donors, corporate partners, trusts and foundations, and submitting proposals to such partners
- Manage sector partner and stakeholder relationships
- Build relationships and work closely with peers in Senegal and other sub-Saharan African countries, and across the global arts network, often collaborating on global programmes
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of current trends and practices in at least one sector of the arts and creative industries in Senegal
- Demonstrable experience of working on national arts/creative industry projects
- Good understanding of the arts and creative industries in Senegal
- Proven experience of working in or with the arts and/or creative industries
- Active and up-to-date network of diverse arts sector contacts
- Active commitment to equality, diversity and knowledge
- Understanding of programme/project governance structures
- Ability to lead digital events on basic platforms, ensuring all corporate standards are met, including those for accessibility and safeguarding
- Understanding and appreciation of current arts trends and practices in the UK
- Experience of working on international arts projects
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DFID