Deadline: 16 January, 2022
The Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute at the New York University (NYU) has opened applications for the 2022 World Journalist Fellowship.
The fellowship is designed to help promising journalists fulfill their potential, and help experienced journalists broaden their skills.
- The fellowship covers tuition and registration fees for two of the three or four semesters of the programme
- Fellows will also receive a stipend of approximately U.S.$14,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship
- Hold a non-U.S. passport
- Be fluent in English and at least one additional language
- Currently be an independent journalist or a journalist working for an independent news organisation (corporate or institutional communications outfit does not qualify)
- Have a minimum of four years of experience at a print or electronic journalism publication by the start of the first day of the programme
- A combination of freelance journalism assignments equal to at least four years of full-time work will be considered
- Possess a four-year undergraduate degree or a three-year undergraduate degree plus one year of graduate work
- Complete and submit an application to an MA programme of choice at the NYU Journalism Institute, in the Graduate School of Arts and Science
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Deutsche Welle