Deadline: 15 January, 2022
Applications are now open for the 2022 TechGirls Programme.
TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
TechGirls is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The ECA’s mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
- Free visa
- Airfare from participant’s home country to the United States
- Meals during programme (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Local transportation to group programme events
- Emergency health insurance
- Open to citizens of Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia
- Applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange (07 July, 2022)
- Applicant must have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies
- Open to applicant who intends to pursue higher education and/or career in technology
- Applicant must have strong English language skills, and exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNAMID