Deadline: 03 December, 2021
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Assets/Logistics Assistant.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguarding
- Ensure verification of the monthly stock issues and receipt spreadsheets originated by staff members in warehouse
- Ensure certification of stock that has been distributed to projects and to the office
- Ensure review of the condition of all stock items in order to advise management on stock which may be deteriorating and maintain storeroom space
- Provide guidance to managers on the quantities of stock held in the warehouse prior to new purchases being made to avoid unnecessary purchases of new stock when stock is already available
- Participate in quarterly and year-end inventory stock takes for submission to headquarters
- Issue loading instructions for collection of commodities from the warehouse as required by the project personnel
- Assist in the preparation of distribution plans of project commodities for beneficiaries in collaboration with project personnel and government officials
- Count and verify all assets in the office for submission to headquarters
- Coordinate the disposal process of the obsolete stock and office equipment
- Prepare purchase requisitions (PRs) for approval and creation of receipts for administrative unit in GRMS
- Secondary school education
- University degree in Logistics/Purchasing, Supply Management/Administration or a related field will be an added advantage
- Three years, minimum, of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge (level C) of English
- Nationality of Zimbabwe
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DFAT