Deadline: 01 February, 2022
The African Peacebuilding Network (APN) of the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) has opened applications for its Collaborative Working Group Research Fellowships.
This fellowship, according to the APN, responds to the need for deep collaboration and engagement of researchers and practitioners on peacebuilding challenges in Africa.
It also seeks to connect research to policy, promote mentoring of junior scholars by senior colleagues, foster networking between scholars and practitioners and to increase the likelihood of impacting policy through the knowledge-production process.
- Research will be supported with a maximum award of U.S.$60,000 for a period of eighteen months
- Applicants must be scholars or practitioners based in Africa, with the lead investigator based at or affiliated with an African university
- Open to joint researcher-practitioner teams (of six members) made up of Africans based at or affiliated with universities, regional organisations, government agencies, or non-governmental organisations, or media in Africa
- While the lead investigator must have a PhD, other members of the research group may be junior lecturers and practitioners
- Research group members must hold at least a master’s degree with two or more years of work experience
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI