Deadline: 24 October, 2021
Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) is calling for entries for its annual Award for Investigative Reporting.
WSCIJ rewards, promotes and encourages best practices in journalism work from the print, radio, television, photo, online, editorial cartoon broad categories as well as from other special categories.
- Cash prize
- Award plaque
- Certificate of commendation
- Computer backup hard drive
- International study tour
- The award is open to any Nigerian professional reporter or team of reporters (full-time or freelance journalists)
- Entrant (journalist) should be 18 years old or above
- Entrant must have published stories either online, in print, or through electronic media, primarily targeted at and received by a Nigerian audience
- The work (single work or single-subject serial) must involve reporting on public, and or corporate corruption, human rights violation, or on the failure of regulatory agencies
- The story should reflect a high quality of investigation in terms of newsworthiness, capacity to expose or prevent clandestine activities, corruption in the public domain, an understanding of human rights implications enhanced by the quality of presentation
- Work should have been first published or broadcast in a Nigerian media between 04 October, 2020, and 03 October, 2021
To submit and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Paul Kagame