Deadline: 14 November, 2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Country Director.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Provide strategic direction to WFP country team in the conceptualisation and delivery of the country strategic plan (CSP), leveraging partnerships and effective planning and utilisation of human and financial resources, ensuring compliance and adherence to WFP policies and procedures, standards of performance, ethics and integrity
- Contribute to the development of corporate WFP strategies and policies, ensuring that operational realities inform effective planning and that WFP corporate initiatives and strategies are deployed, promoting and driving positive change
- Provide effective leadership and people management to the country office team to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and high performing WFP country team
- Actively represent WFP and engage with the national government with the objective to better support longer-term sustainable solutions, address immediate humanitarian needs, promote humanitarian-development nexus, and provide leadership in negotiating humanitarian space/access
- Actively participate in and effectively build on the longer-term vision of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) principle of ‘Leave No One Behind’
- Promote health and well-being within the workplace and mitigate risks related to stress, health and safety
- Establish with the country team clear performance objectives and indicators holding teams and individuals accountable for results, promoting team collaboration, synergies, development and providing timely guidance to enable effective performance planning, management and assessment
- Actively contribute to resource mobilisation efforts
- Participate in the common country assessment (CCA) and UNSDCF planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation through UN results groups and respective joint workplans
- Participate in the performance appraisal of the RC with other UNCT members
- Oversee and guide the regular preparation/update of emergency preparedness and contingency plans and related activities
- Participate as a member of security management team (SMT) guiding and influencing decisions
- Advanced university degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or related field, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or advanced training/courses
- Fluency (level C) in English language
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa