Deadline: 01 November, 2021
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is seeking to fill the role of Programme Specialist.
Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF works for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Lead local governance cross-sectoral programme planning, development and management at national and district level
- Drive technical and operational support to multi-sectoral programme implementation with key stakeholders and partners as well as UNICEF thematic sections
- Build and strengthen networking with exciting and new partners, including government and civil society organisations at national and district level
- Promote innovative mechanisms within local government structures to enable child rights during planning and implementation
- Promote knowledge management on local governance practices with key partners and stakeholders, ensuring that regional and global priorities are also incorporated
- Strengthen and build systems and capacities of local government structures in line with child rights priorities
- Strengthen and coordinate internal UNICEF work around decentralisation, community empowerment and system strengthening at community level, ensuring that a coherent community approach is mainstreamed throughout UNICEF sections
- University degree in Political Science, Governance, Public Administration Management or a related technical field
- Five years, minimum, of professional experience providing policy advice and programme support in the general area of local governance
- Sound experience in local development and decentralisation in different development contexts
- Strong experience in providing technical assistance to local governments, including through participatory approaches
- Experience working in a developing country will be a plus
- Relevant experience in decentralisation and local governance in a UN system agency or organisation will be a plus
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency will be a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and regulatory frameworks for local governance will be an asset
- Understanding of the local governance structure, government policies, guidelines, legislation, and strategies
- Fluency in English and one of the local languages
- Nationality of Malawi
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF Česká republika