Deadline: 22 September, 2021
The United States Department of State has announced a call for participation in the 2021 Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Catalyst Pitch competition.
The competition offers young STEM entrepreneurs the opportunity to elevate their pitch and showcase their innovations on a global stage.
- First-place finisher will receive $15,000
- Second-place finisher will receive $12,000
- Third-place finisher will receive ten thousand dollars
- All pitch videos and live pitches must be done entirely in English
- All entries should be at the idea or startup stage
- The pitching entrepreneur must be between the ages of 18 and 40 and from a GIST economy
- Special consideration will be given to startups that address challenges through agriculture innovations, clean climate and energy innovations, global health innovations, water solution innovations
- Special consideration will be given to startups whose solutions address the needs of traditionally underrepresented groups
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNCTAD