Deadline: 23 September, 2021
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
The World Bank (WBG) is seeking to fill the role of Team Assistant.
The bank, with 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, works with public and private sector partners, invests in groundbreaking projects and uses data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
The WBG consists of five specialised institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to World Bank format and distribution
- Collect and input data provided by the assigned unit into the central database, including processing new project status reports
- Keep abreast of the organisation’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents
- Draft correspondence (standard letters, memos, etc.) conforming to the organization’s regional standards using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread documents
- Draft minutes of meeting and provide assistance in editing large documents
- Maintain up-to-date project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the country director and/or the country management unit
- Work regularly to include translating/drafting a variety of standard documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages
- Coordinate schedules, taking priorities into account, monitor changes and communicate the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the bank
- In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline, track assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinate with relevant staff and provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle
- Maintain current distribution list, phone/address list of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team
- Coordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the country office
- Coordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g., conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing
- Serve as a backup to other staff and task team assistants on project and administrative tasks
- Occasionally perform analytical tasks as may be requested by the team leader
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years, minimum, of relevant office support experience in a large, international or multinational organisation
- Ability to pass relevant bank group tests
- Mastery of French and English language (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of word processing and Microsoft Office applications
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank