Deadline: 17 September, 2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The World Bank (WBG) is seeking to fill the role of Private Sector Specialist/Economist.
The bank, with 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, works with public and private sector partners, invests in groundbreaking projects and uses data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
The WBG consists of five specialised institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- Support the FCI dialogue in country with a focus on private sector development
- Serve, when needed, as team member or co-TTL/TTL for lending operations, advisory, and analytical work, and contribute to the delivery and quality of financing and knowledge engagements for Nigeria, as well as provide inputs to other global practices on private sector related issues
- Support the development and implementation of high-quality AAA and advisory work
- Lead/support policy dissemination events with policymakers, stakeholders, and private sector
- Support the dialogue with the CMU and with the region
- Cultivate strategic relationships with government counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate and work with the IFC, as needed, on relevant diagnostics, advisory work and operational activities
- Support the partnership with the development partner community and facilitate/participate in formal and informal meetings with key development partners, civil society, private sector representatives, and other stakeholders
- Master’s degree or PhD in Economics, Business, Public Policy, or a related relevant qualification
- Five years, minimum, of relevant professional experience in private sector development since completing university degree, with solid knowledge of one or more topics covered by the FCI global practice
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English
- Capacity to lead dialogue with senior counterparts and influence policy discussions at the national and subnational level
- Proven ability to conceptualise, design and implement major projects and to produce major/complex reports or studies
- Experience with World Bank instruments will be a plus
- Demonstrated team player that can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank