Deadline: 27 September, 2021
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
World Health Organisation (WHO) is seeking applications for the post of Social Media Officer.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Conduct social listening of regional misinformation/disinformation on key health issues using available online and offline sources
- Provide tutorials and training to WHO staff and health partners on social listening
- Provide ad hoc monitoring support during crisis situations
- Prepare routine discourse analysis reports around thematic topics
- Generate reports that will feed into the development of digital content
- Develop and Manage the Shared AIRA Rumour log
- Develop an annual AIRA report on recent trends in the Covid-19 infodemic in Africa
- Ensure regional rollout of research provided by WHO headquarters
- Analyse the performance and impact of communication initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Information Technology, or Communications
- Two years, minimum, of experience in managing high profile social media channels
- Experience working in multilingual environment
- Experience conducting research in digital communications
- Proven track record of breaking down complex technical information into social media content for non-expert group of audience
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of online dissemination of information via social media mechanisms and the web
- Thorough understanding of the impact of communications on the reputation, image, and success of an organisation, as well as the role the web and social media has in this regard
- Demonstrated capacity in managing social media accounts, sharing knowledge, communicating, and increasing followers
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Women