Deadline: 05 October, 2021
Location: Brazzaville, Congo
World Health Organisation (WHO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Public Health Officer.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Under the direct supervision of the ORD director, in collaboration with the CFC units and WCOs, develop policy briefs on global, regional and country public health developments that impact on the work of the regional director
- Contribute to the preparation of policy briefs and briefing notes for the regional director
- In coordination with the senior writer to the regional director, support the preparation and review of technical documents, papers and reports
- Attend meetings with the regional director and prepare minutes
- Follow up and collate feedback on actions arising from the regional director’s interactions with member states, donors and partners
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned
- Medical degree in Public Health, Global Health, or International Relations
- Seven years, minimum, of experience at national or international level in public health, monitoring and evaluation of health-related programmes
- Experience in policy development and office-management at national level will be a plus
- Ability to write technical and scientific reports
- Ability to negotiate and engage with new partners
- Expert knowledge of English
- Intermediate knowledge of French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF