Deadline: 19 September, 2021
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
World Health Organisation (WHO) is seeking to fill the role of Human Resources Assistant.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Implement and monitor the HR strategy for the clusters
- Maintain business relationship with the cluster management and staff through provision of advice and support in the interpretation and application of human resources policies
- Perform all actions related to recruitment and selection processes
- Calculate entitlements applicable to various statutory allowances and grants
- Prepare and compile summaries of unusual cases/exceptions for reference purposes, and verify reporting forms and related supporting documents for new staff members to determine entitlements
- Brief staff members (new or current) on their entitlements with respect to remuneration and related allowances, social security and statutory travel
- Provide advice on position descriptions and ensure all positions are updated and properly classified in the Global Management System (GSM)
- Generate and prepare statistical reports on HR-related issues for the operations officer’s review
- Liaise with the staff development team in the follow-up of performance appraisal and take appropriate action in problematic cases
- Perform any other related duties/responsibilities as required
- Secondary school education or equivalent and training in Personnel or Human Resources Management
- Ten years, minimum, of experience in administrative positions, preferably in WHO
- In -depth knowledge of WHO rules and regulations, WHO manual, and experience or knowledge of staff entitlements (highly desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI