Deadline: 04 October, 2021
The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) is seeking to fill the role of National Project Coordinator.
UNIDO is the specialised agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalisation and environmental sustainability.
- Advise the project manager (PM), the donor and counterparts on policy, development strategy and technical matters
- Ensure consistency within the UNIDO project components/outputs and activities
- Establish and maintain relations and exchange of information with the local authorities, private sector institutions, enterprises, support institutions and other development partners
- Prepare and monitor detailed work plans and budgets of the different interventions including a time plan for field experts, trainings, fellowships, sub-contracts, equipment purchases, etc
- Define institutional development objectives and work targets that can be reasonably achieved within the project funding and time frame
- Identify any preconditions that need to be fulfiled by the government
- Carry out day-to-day operations of the project management unit and the disbursement of local expenditures
- Support in identifying national experts for the inception phase and related reports
- Support in conducting a deeper-level assessment on the situation development in the Tigray regional state and associated risks as well as their implications
- Organise meetings and consultations with concerned government agencies, sector associations and private sector stakeholders, to ensure smooth implementation of the project inception phase and timely delivery of the results and reports required in the project document
- Provide advice on questions pertaining to the project objectives
- Advanced degree in Agricultural Science, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, or a similar field
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Amharic and Oromiffa
- Five years, minimum, of experience with government and private sectors
- Experience with UN/NGO in the area of technical cooperation/project implementation will be a plus
- Computer literacy
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI