Deadline: 20 September, 2021
The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) is seeking to fill the role of National IAIP Gender Expert.
UNIDO is the specialised agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalisation and environmental sustainability.
- Conduct a detailed gender analysis as guided by UNIDO’s guide to gender mainstreaming, particularly emphasising gender issues
- Assess and identify potential gender-differentiated impacts
- Collect sex-disaggregated baseline data that could be used to monitor potential gender impacts
- Support the monitoring of the project implementation with respect to the gender component of the programme
- Based on gender analysis, develop a plan of action that identifies opportunities and entry points for mainstreaming gender into the project
- Based on national and sectorial gender analysis, develop specific actions to ensure gender balance in activities taking into consideration special needs of women
- Ensure training curricula and tools are developed to accommodate the different education/skill levels that may exist between women and men
- Provide support to the project implementation unit in gender mainstreaming in relation to the agro-value chain
- Undertake any other activity as requested by the project management team
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences or a related discipline with a specialisation in gender and project cycle management
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic
- Three years, minimum, of practical experience in handling gender equality and gender mainstreaming issues
- Thorough understanding of the gender context in Ethiopia, and experience working with government institutions and international or non-governmental organisations supporting gender and development
- Experience with gender analysis tools and methodologies (desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa Gender Equality Conference