Deadline: 12 September, 2021
Location: Windhoek, Namibia
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has opened applications for the role of Programme Associate.
Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF works for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government and NGO proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs)
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF-focused districts for cash and supplies and inform team members on the status
- Help conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects
- Monitor and track the distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analysing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items, including, but not limited to, registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants
- Monitor and report information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators
- Regularly monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow-up
- Help in preparing periodic or ad hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors
- Support capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises
- Secondary education, preferably supplemented with technical or university courses related to the work of the organisation
- Six years, minimum, of administrative or clerical work experience
- Experience in programme support functions will be a plus
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organisation is an asset
- Strong organisational, planning and prioritising skills
- Fluency in English
- Nationality of Namibia
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Simon Berry