Deadline: 27 September, 2021
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has opened applications for the role of Immunisation Specialist.
Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF works for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Contribute to the situation analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management
- Ensure quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the immunisation strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners
- Ensure work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support effectively provided, and planned results timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership
- Ensure project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated
- Ensure technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries
- Ensure the capacities of country office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the immunisation programme
- Ensure effective partnership and collaboration
- Ensure the most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the immunisation programme
- Ensure all required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures
- Ensure emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination is provided
- Five years, minimum, of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health/immunisation programmes
- Professional work experience in a technical-expert position
- Field work experience
- Background/familiarity with emergency is an asset
- Fluency in English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF