Deadline: 15 February, 2022
Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS) has opened applications for the 2022 Iso Lomoso Fellowship.
The programme aims to address the gap that exists between completion of the Ph.D. and becoming an established scholar in Africa.
- Economy return flight
- Comfortable accommodation within walking distance from the institute
- Individual offices equipped with PC, telephone and printer
- Monthly stipend for daily living costs
- Access to the Stellenbosch University library (including electronic resources) and a high-speed internet connection
- Participation in the regular STIAS fellows programme, including daily lunch, weekly fellows’ seminars, STIAS public lectures and social events
- Child care subsidy for fellows accompanied by young children while in residence
- Be a national of any African country
- Be born after 01 January, 1980
- Have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country, and continue to do so for the foreseeable future
- Applicant must have obtained a doctoral degree from any recognised higher education institution (worldwide) after 01 January, 2015
- Applicant must have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research programme
- Applicant must be in a position to commence a first period of residency at STIAS between July 2022 and June 2023
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNCTAD