Deadline: September 30, 2021
The University of Cape Town (UCT), in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, has opened applications for the Scholars Programme.
The scholarship initiative provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation
- Relevant and recognised education through academic curricula
- Academic and peer-mentor support
- Array of cultural and transition support and training
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Be admitted to a postgraduate master’s programme (research only) and commence with first year of registration in the engineering and the built environment, commerce, health sciences, humanities, law, or sciences at UCT
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background, demonstrate financial need, and leadership potential
- Applicants who intend to register for a second master’s postgraduate degree at the same level are ineligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants who have previously registered for master’s postgraduate degree at any higher learning institution are ineligible to apply for this scholarship
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UCT