Deadline: 25 September, 2021
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has opened applications for the role of National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Support project preparation, development of project proposals and concept notes including performance monitoring plans and monitoring and evaluation sections
- Provide support to the team and stakeholders on ways and means to improve monitoring and evaluation related components and activities
- Organise, coordinate and lead evaluation missions for development projects, sectoral and thematic evaluations, including desk evaluations/studies on selected sectors/theme
- Ensure timely submission of good quality monitoring and evaluation report, including any other reports requiring monitoring and evaluation inputs
- Ensure regular physical verification of project equipment and assets against inventories
- Provide support to the senior management on the programme of work, including project identification and coordination strategies
- Monitor and report on distribution of project input and other support to beneficiaries and communities as well as ensure that requests correctly match with real input needs
- Identify and formulate evaluation findings, lessons learnt and recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management and into broader knowledge management efforts
- Provide results-based management support to project staff and the FAO country office and management
- Produce monitoring and evaluation and progress reports on project implementation activities for management and stakeholders
- Provide technical and review support and inputs into the development of critical communications and reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Master’s degree in International Development or a related discipline
- Five years, minimum, of experience in development project and programme management
- Two years, minimum, of research and monitoring and evaluation experience, at national and/or international level, in international development or a closely related field
- Working knowledge of English and French
- Nationality of Liberia
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNCTAD